SUP YOGA AND MEDITATION
What is SUP Yoga?
SUP yoga keeps you in the present.
You have no choice but to “be here now” when it comes to practicing yoga on your floating yoga mat.
- A greater sense of mindfulness will develop.
Paying attention to every breath and body movement, every placement of a foot, leg, or arm is key to keeping balance.
- You don’t have to be an advanced yoga student.
Less is more on a stand up paddle board. Simple yoga poses are all you need to develop body awareness – taking them on the board just enhances that awareness.
- Advanced students can bring another level of challenge to their practice.
For those who find most advanced poses (like arm balances) effortless, taking them on to a SUP board will humble many of those who have mastered many poses. Bringing your mindfulness back to the basics of just doing Virabradrasana 1 on a SUP board will add a different level of awareness to the practice.
- The pace of your practice will slow down.
Many times we hurry to get from one pose to the next and forget to pay attention to how we move, how we focus and the quality of our breath. Yoga on a stand up paddle board forces you to slow down your pace and gain more focus on your practice.
- The same muscles are challenged, but in a different way.
Typically you use your breath, focus, along with the muscles of the body to steady yourself in yoga poses. You use most of those same skills and muscles when you’re doing stand up paddling. Additionally, poses on a SUP board tend to give a greater challenge to the quadriceps, shoulders, arms, and knees – and especially the core area – because of the modifications to create balance in the pose.
- No practice will ever be the same.
You can experience a different practice every time you go out on a stand up paddle board, because the wind and water conditions are always changing.
- A chance to experience the beauty of the outdoors.
- SUP yoga is fun and is a great practice for developing mindfulness, focus, balance and breath skills.
“Be calmly active and actively calm. Be intensely aware of everything you are doing.” These words of Yogananda pretty much sums up the efforts of yoga practice on a paddle board
- Introduction to SUP boards
- Over 1 hour of blissful SUP Yoga and calming Meditation on a heated outdoor pool
Can't find a class? If you have a group of 6, exclusive classes for you and friends can be run for you - GREAT FOR BIRTHDAYS, HEN DO'S OR FAMILIES
VIDA BOA LODGE
Lote 8 Rua dos Rouxinóis Montinhos da Luz Lagos 8600-212
JULY OFFER ONLY €10 per person
See timetable for classes